Simon is a Chartered Surveyor by background, specialising in active asset-management and development projects. He has operated in the UK property market for over 25 years, approximately 15 years of which were spent as Managing Director of Capital & Provident (C&P). At C&P, he undertook a large number of developments from inception to completion, including various residential, hotel and mixed-use schemes in both the UK and Europe with end values in excess of £300m.
Simon has extensive experience of development turnaround projects with various banks and building societies, delivering consistently through both recent economic downturns. He has successfully secured and delivered PFI/PPP structured schemes in the Primary Care Trust sector and has worked in joint venture with retailers and top-tier corporate occupiers.
In 2008, Simon founded his own property investment and development business, Augur Group, which focuses on active-management investments, adding value across a wide range of asset-management and development projects.
- Wide ranging experience of counter-cyclical investment and active management opportunities including retail developments, office refurbishments and upgrading industrial estates
- Historically acquired portfolios including those from Norwich Union, Nationwide Building Society, Etam Group, Co-operative Stores and British Petroleum
- Chief Executive, Augur Group (2008-present)
- Managing Director, Augur Buchler Partners (2010 – present)
- Managing Director, Capital & Provident (1994-2008)
- Main Board Director, Antler Property Group (1990-1994)
- MRICS since 1986 (Brian Cooper & Co)
Adam is a Chartered Accountant by training, specialising in corporate finance and business recovery. He spent 4 years in PWC’s Corporate Finance & Recovery team, before establishing Buchler Barnett Finance (BBF) in 2003. In 2009 BBF merged with STREAM Capital to create Buchler Barnett Spencer (BBS). BBS has arranged and structured the finance for over £4bn of real-estate projects in the UK and Europe.
Adam has been involved in a wide range of public and private capital raisings.
- Co-founded Buchler Barnett Spencer (2009). Current projects include arranging and structuring senior debt, mezzanine and joint-venture equity financing for distressed projects in the UK, restructuring distressed loans in the UK and Germany, co-investment opportunities in the UK
- Director, Co-Founder STREAM Capital Ltd (2006)
- In 2006 Adam was a member of the management team of Summit Germany Plc, co-managing the AIM-listing which raised €300m+ through the IPO and further rights issues
- Director, Co-Founder Buchler Barnett Finance (2003).
- PWC – Corporate Finance & Recovery (1998-2003)
- Chartered Accountant (ACA)
Nick is a Chartered Surveyor by training with a Master’s Degree in Real Estate Development & Finance from MIT. Nick originally trained at Knight Frank, focusing on Central London development before becoming a Director of KF Corporate Finance Ltd. In 2004 he joined Credo Group as Director, to help grow their pan-European real estate fund business.
In 2006 Nick co-founded STREAM Capital with Adam Buchler, and in 2009, this evolved into Buchler Barnett Spencer. He specialises in sourcing and managing new investments, and structuring development and investment joint ventures.
- Director, Buchler Barnett Spencer (2009-present)
- Director, Co-Founder STREAM Capital Ltd. Keynote assignments include assisting in the structure and launch of a new fund and acquiring retail properties in the UK, Switzerland and Germany (€300m+)
- Director, Credo Property Group (2004 – 2010). Co-managed numerous real estate funds and syndicates invested in the UK, France, Germany and Switzerland, valued at over £500m
- Knight Frank (1998-2004) – Director of KF Corporate Finance (2003-2004)
- Associate Partner, Central London development (2001-2003)
- Masters in Real Estate Development, MIT (2003)
- Chartered Surveyor, MRICS (2000)
- BSc (Hons) Land Management, Reading (1997)
Joanne has over 20 years’ experience of arranging and structuring property finance. Throughout her career she has arranged £5bn+ of property finance in the UK, and her core client base comprises both private and public property companies, private overseas investors, wealth-management groups and off-shore family offices.
She has experience across all property sectors, including residential investment & development, ground rent portfolios, retail offices, industrial, hotels and care homes. In 2009 Joanne co-founded Buchler Barnett Spencer and in 2010 she co-launched Augur Buchler Partners.
- Over 20 years’ experience of structure debt and mezzanine finance in the UK & European property markets.
- Financed over £5bn of mixed investment and development projects.
- Director, Buchler Barnett Spencer (2009 – present)
- Director, Buchler Barnett Finance (2003 – 2009)
- Director, Nominee Assurance Holdings (1990 – 2009)
- Co-founded Sparkle Children’s Charity, raising over £1.25m from property industry events
John originally trained as a solicitor, focusing on corporate law before starting his own property development and investment company. John was at the cutting edge of leisure and retail development in the early and mid-1990s, as CEO of THI Plc which developed over 3-million square feet in the UK & Europe.
John graduated with a law degree from Sheffield University, and qualified as a lawyer in the North West. John practiced corporate law for two years post qualification before setting up THI. For the next fourteen years he grew THI into one of the UK’s foremost leisure developers, creating the first generation of UK out-of-town leisure parks and working with tenants including Warner Village, Bass, Scottish & Newcastle, Luminar and the like. John recently developed a strategic business park in the North West of England.
John focuses on development opportunities for Augur Buchler; whether recovery and repositioning or new build and pre-let schemes. John specializes in occupier-led multi-site development, employing design & build techniques, with a strong focus on added value and green credentials in the procurement process.
- Development Director, Augur Buchler Partners
- Consultant, Buchler Barnett Spencer
- Developed strategic business park in the Wirral, utilizing European enterprise zone incentives
- CEO THI Plc (1989 – 2001)
- Developed over 3-million square feet of mixed leisure and retail
- Qualified Lawyer (1986)
- Degree details (2:1 from Sheffield University)